Friday, 10 May 2013

Today I Will Be...... @ Aberdeen 17 Hub!

I'm sad to say that I missed Kyle's performances this week. Working full time and trying to keep up to date and supporting creative events doesn't always go hand in hand. However I did get to feel like a part of things via the daily photo up dates on the Aberdeen17 facebook page. Seeing Kyle's daily colour change actually brightened up my days in the office. I've spoken to a few friends who've asked me "aye there's some guy in a window down Belmont street all painted up, fits at aboot?".

I don't really know why anyone would want to put themselves on display but I'm glad they did and I'm glad that it was a fine specimen like Kyle, I dare say it would have been a different story if I had taken on the role of Adonis in the Window! I think it takes a lot of guts to do what Kyle's done this week and I really like the crossed out words, indicating what colour to expect next. I guess if someone asks me "why did he do it?" then I can answer "he did it for you, he did it for us" and for that, we should be happy!

To find out more and keep up to speed about the next performers check out the Live Window event page here! Something will be happening tomorrow between 11 and 4 so if your on Belmont Street have a looksie!