Tuesday, 12 March 2013

Felt Mistress @ Offset57!

There's been quite a lot of activity at the Offset 57 space since things kicked off again in February. There's been fund raising parties, screen printing work shops, business open days, art school cross overs and special guest talks from big talents like Ben Newman!

And today see's a special Guests @ Grays talk from the very talented Felt Mistress. If your not familiar with FM's work then I highly recommend checking out her website and blog! She creates unique felt characters, sometimes from her own imagination but she's also worked with some top illustrators including her partner in twine Jonathan Edwards, Jon Burgerman Ben Newman and Pete Fowler. i was particularly taken with her Beetles in boots collection which you can see below, I can just see a few of them adorning my walls at home and the attention to detail in the finished characters is amazing, they look like the kind of creatures I would like to spend my free time with!

Felt Mistress aka Louise Evans will also be doing a special creature feature workshop tonight along with Jonathan Edwards at the Offset57 space but places are all gone. Thankfully I'm getting to film it for work, finally I get to say "perks of the job" but I am really looking forward to seeing her process for making these amazing creations and also seeing what participants of the workshop come up with too. Ill be sure to share some pics and the video once its done!