Wednesday, 6 March 2013

Curiosities, Echoes & Oddities @ Touched By Scotland Gallery!


Curiosities, Echoes & Oddities is the new exhibition opening this weekend (Friday 8th March) at the Touched by Scotland Gallery. I hadn't heard of Touched by Scotland before but my friend Emma Armstrong has some new work on show and it sounds fantastic. Set in a nice rural location not far from Inverurie & Bennachie, Touched by Scotland bring you a fine selection of hand made and crafted goods all produced in our fine country. They host 3 shows a year and Curiosities will be the first of 2013, running from March until June.

Emma's work is sure to strike a chord with any natural history enthusiasts, post Grays School of Art I've heard word of taxidermy courses and freezers full of deceased birds. I did a short interview with Emma about her degree show which was one of my highlights from 2011, you can read it here. I'm looking forward to seeing some new work and have already bagged a super limited print but I'm also excited to see some work from James Dyas Davidson and all the other artists. Shaping up to be a fun month with 3 exhibitions, a mural commision and a host of Guests @ Grays to go see!