Wednesday, 25 May 2011

Candy for the Eyes & Ears 12! Ricky Allman, Jennifer Coates & Kurt Vile!

Been doing a fair bit of interweb snooping / perving. Seems like the old Tumblr sites are taking over from Blogger and Wordpress sites, funny seeing these new media trends happen, like when Facebook wiped out Myspace, ahh those were the good old days!

Anyway one good thing about the new Tumblr sites is just how easy it is to tumble upon amazing pictures, all fully linked up and ready to be reblogged by all and sundry! I wouldn't like to keep a site made entirely from other peoples work but it is nice to share things I find of interest, usually some music and some art. Im gonna add a few more than usual since I've been going down the rabbit hole a lot this month and have found some truelly awesome pictures and bands.

On the art front you have Ricky Allman.


And Jennifer Coates.


I think the art speaks for itself, certainly they have both given me some major inspiration! On a musical front its been all about Les Savy Fav for the last 2 months, pretty much since they ripped my head off at The Tunnels gig. Another recent discovery has been the amazing Kurt Vile! It was actually Spotify that put me onto him and I can't stop listening to his music. I can't think of anything I can compare it too but his songs and lyrics are just totally fitting for my current mood. Check out the videos below and pick up his new album in good record stores now!