Thursday, 4 November 2010

Lumberjam Exhibition @ Project Slogan!

Just paid a wee visit to Project Slogan to see what treats they have on show at the moment. Apart from running a daily tea / sandwich / art / zine shop they also have the Lumberjam show on display. You might be able to guess from the title but most of the work is taken from the the theme Lumberjacks. There's a great range of works from lots of different artists and I think its one of the best shows I've seen in Project Slogan this year.

Also the gallery as a whole is looking really nice. I had a nice chat with Sarah who runs the gallery about the lost art of sign paintig, music and future projects and there's some incredibaly cool things going on in Project Slogan this month. Starting tonight with the first Lost & Found Poetry night to be held in the gallery. Tonight's performances come from Mark McCabe & Friends, byob and donations on the door! If I wasn't so ill I'd be getting my bum down to Slogan as this will be one not to miss. Also the next group show will be previewing at the gallery on 29th November, titled "they are not yours, they are not mine, they are someone elses most of the time" a show of not altogether 2D works by various artists. Sounds like a good month to me and something to look forward too as the nights draw in!

p.s. the food alright too but I hear the coffee is AMAZING! Shame I don't drink coffee.