Monday, 8 November 2010

Candy for the Eyes & Ears 9! Modeselektor, Pfadfinderei & Sarah J Stanley!

This months ear candy comes from Modeselektor & Pfadfinderei. I won't bore you with history lessons on how these tracks came about but Berlin is the melting pot and beautifull things happen. The first track Bell Lane totally blew my mind when I first heard it. Visually its interesting but its the music that really caught me. I think it perfectly sums up my life this past year, a friend said "Dark & repetitive" but I prefer highs & lows with moments of beauty inbetween! Another friend said "Stop being such a bender" so I will. The second track features Thom Yorke, where could it go wrong!



For the eyes I always find the drawings of Sarah J Stanley have just the right effect. Sarah is a friend but more than that she is also one of my favourite artists in Aberdeen! She has a hand style all her own and she manages to create drawings & paintings which always make me smile. I especially like her works which employ rainbow colours. Her last business card didn't even have her down as an artists or gallerist but an Inventor, which to be fair I think she can lay claim to! She manages to balance running Project Slogan with her art and a small boy, no small feat in this day & age. Check out more of her work here!