Tuesday, 27 April 2010

The Fall - On Hard Times!

I must admit I'm not a fan of The Fall and couldn't name one of their tunes. I know Mark E Smith from tv shows and NME wankathons but thats about it. I had to set up a projector for their support guy, VDJ Sniper. A nice enough guy who uses Resolume to mix videos live, he used some Black Sabbath footage to create a droney loop that later became a eurodisco Barbara Streisand number, pretty weird!


The Fall or the current incarnation of took to the stage just after 10, I think a lot of people were just happy that the main man had turned up. Hes got a bit of a reputation! Someone had put their name with Joy Division & LCD Soundsystem, from the side of the stage I couldnt really hear it, I just kept looking at Mark E Smith trying to turn up all the amps. He looked totally fucked, at one point holding a rail at the side of the stage but managed to get through the best part of a 50 minute set. He did walk off after 2 songs but managed to find his way back on stage. The band were suprisingly good and must be pretty tough to go on tour with Smith!


I was glad I got to see them because I dont know how long they'll be around for, still not my cup of tea but you can check the video below for some insight into one of music's more interesting characters! Massive thanks to Jimmy & Aaron from Taylored Sound who did an amazing job under tough circumstances aswell, theyre busy lads but always do a top job!