Wednesday, 27 January 2010

Candy for the Eyes & Ears 4! Mikee Snow!

So I was watching Jools Holland a few months back and saw this band called Mike Snow. They sucked me in with their glitchy catchy melodies and the two dudes on synths with shaved sides and long on top doos. Hell even inspired me to rock a mohawk for a few weeks. Its taken a while for me to finally get a copy of the album but I can honestly say its the best thing I've heard in years. I first started playing it a few days ago while clearing out pics of me & and ex and its been on repeat on my ipod ever since. 

The quality of the music is just awesome, I love it when you get a new album that just sucks you right in or maybe its the other way round in that you suck the music into your life and it becomes part of that great musical sountrack for that period of your life. There's a few stand out tracks but my favourite is called Burial. They sing of a burial in the sense of burying someone. Quite a powerful topic to explore in a song but rendered in such a beautiful way I can't help but listen to it and think of the friend's I've lost, there's sadness but also hope in it all somewhere. 

I've been looking at some videos and some people have made their own video for Burial (see below) which just hit it for me last night but also the official video shows the power of the track, following an Asian man on his journey through his town to the burial river, bet you'd never see that in a music video. Its not all sad though, there's some real bangers that will get your head & feet moving so check them out!