Friday, 3 July 2009

Aberdeen Film Festival 2009!


I was rather pleased to hear that Aberdeen Councils film department were thinking of organising a local film festival. I seems like just aboput every other city manages to pull one off each year and now its our turn. Having already put on 3 local film nights and helped promote the wonderful Future Shorts, I was asked if I'd like to put on a night as well.

So Bar Five / Snafu will be the venue for my next night. I will hopefuly be screening a selection of my favourite short films from the last 3 film nights aswell as some new films that should be coming through my letter box in the next few weeks. 

Also we will be trying to bring some experimental ideas to the table, where music will collide with film and hopefuly produce some stunning results. Although if its all a total disaster then at least it will be free to get in!

A full line up of films etc etc coming in the next week hopefuly. Film Festival web site can be found somewhere for details of all events? Thanks to Neil Shirran at Aberdeen Film & a massive thanks to Cameron Fraser for his efforts in producing the wonderfull poster you see above, hopefuly be the start of a beautiful relationship between us my boy.
x